Griding noise from the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyStrikes

Reaction score
I just got back from a long road trip. While driving at low speeds I could hear what sounded like I was dragging a pipe behind me. I stopped and could not see anything, figured it was a noise from the neighborhood. When continuing, the noise kept coming, almost like a pipe banging. On the road trip, I did have the pre-collision assist not available and hill start assist / hill descent control fault pop up, but those went away after I washed off the grill. My fear is this is a wheel bearing. First question, could the noise and the alerts be related? I got the alerts at the end of day 1 of the road tip, cleaned the grill and alerts were not present on day 2. End of day 2 driving I heard the noise (did not hear while driving on the freeway, but could have been present and I just didnt hear it due to road noise). Question 2 - is a wheel bearing the most likely issue and is there any way to check this? Dealer can not get me in for a while...

2021 Ford Expedition max w/17000 miles. 4 wheel drive.