Driver door dings when opened on my 2013 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjamie

Reaction score
Only when the engine is not running.
Happens whether key is in the ignition or not.

The other doors won't ding when opened when the engine is not running.

If the engine is running I and I open the door I'll get the the 'door open' image on the info screen. And no ding. Good. (I guess)

Body work done on the vehicle a few days ago. Not sure if he unhooked the battery. He replaced the front lower bumper. It did not ding before the fix.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only when the engine is not running.
Happens whether key is in the ignition or not.

The other doors won't ding when opened when the engine is not running.

If the engine is running I and I open the door I'll get the the 'door open' image on the info screen. And no ding. Good. (I guess)

Body work done on the vehicle a few days ago. Not sure if he unhooked the battery. He replaced the front lower bumper. It did not ding before the fix.

Most likely, your transmission gear shifter assembly (under the console opening) is defective / broken.

The vehicle’s computer senses (due to the damaged shifter) that the vehicle is not in park, although it is. Thus, the ding sound when you open the door, with the engine off.

Does the remote start system work? That is also disabled when the car’s computer thinks the shifter is not in park (although it is).

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/2017-expy-park-indicator-not-working.47367/