Driver door rattle and whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is anyone getting a rather loud and annoying rattle from this area?

6F42699B-C3B3-4E1B-9EFD-B88E2B2CF7DD.jpeg

I can’t seem to locate it exactly, although it could be the gap down by the lighting controls?

Also, the window here starting whistling recently, but I don’t see anything wron with the door seal...

Raptors

Reaction score
I bought a new 2018 Expedition about 2 weeks ago. Not long after I noticed a whistle sound that sounds like it is coming from right outside the driver window. Occurs basically anytime over 30 mph, varies in intensity, doesn’t matter if foot is on the gas or not, and can’t be heard if I roll the window down.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No issues with the door rattling but my seatbelt does bang against my seat by the B-Pilar and that drives me nuts.

Bones

Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 Expy Platinum with 3 miles on it. I pulled out of the dealership over a speed bump and heard the knocking sound from the left front driver's side. I didn't have the time to return to the dealer at that time. When I did get to a service department with the complaint (because it knocks when I go over bumps) they said they couldn't replicate it. They said they checked the suspension and all looked okay. I left the dealer and over one of their speed bumps and it knocked.

I have now 23,000 miles and it just started whistling off of the driver's outside mirror. The reason I deduce it is from the mirror is because when it is whistling and I retract the mirror it stops. I guess I will just whistle along with the Expy.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased my 2018 Expy Platinum with 3 miles on it. I pulled out of the dealership over a speed bump and heard the knocking sound from the left front driver's side. I didn't have the time to return to the dealer at that time. When I did get to a service department with the complaint (because it knocks when I go over bumps) they said they couldn't replicate it. They said they checked the suspension and all looked okay. I left the dealer and over one of their speed bumps and it knocked.

I have now 23,000 miles and it just started whistling off of the driver's outside mirror. The reason I deduce it is from the mirror is because when it is whistling and I retract the mirror it stops. I guess I will just whistle along with the Expy.

Your rattle sounds like my issue. Grab the seat belt buckle with hand down near the floor and seat frame the next time you are about to git a bump.

Raptors

Reaction score

Interesting. I tried a couple times to see if the whistle changed with folding the mirrors, and I didn’t notice much if any change. I also think it’s strange that it’s only the drivers side.

But in the last two days, the whistle has disappeared. And I drove into a strong wind this morning. Silence. Finally silence. It whistled for 750 miles and then quit...for now lol.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the rattle. It’s the triangle plastic thing at the front of the interior door. Pushing on the windshield actually makes it pop.

What’s behind that? Could that also cause the whistle?

42755124-7ED3-44AA-8740-63D78C863127.jpeg

kpat

Reaction score
Oh my! I have this same issue!!! It has been driving me crazy. Some days I don’t hear it but other days it is non stop.