Driver door rattle and whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpat

Reaction score
I do not but I think you are right on the location. No way the dealer will be able to help me on this.....and it is driving me crazy. So annoying..... it is like a crackling sound.

kpat

Reaction score
Does it pop or crack when you push on the window itself?
I haven’t tried to push on the window. I probably have tried to push on every single piece of plastic however! It is super annoying. I do hear it when I open the door though.....I will try and push on the window next.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is behind that plastic piece?
In mine there is a speaker there. If you don’t have a speaker I’d assume it’s a void with a wire for a speaker.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can push on the triangle plastic piece and force the rattle. Problem is it does it all the time when I drive over any type of bump.

kpat

Reaction score
I can push on the triangle plastic piece and force the rattle. Problem is it does it all the time when I drive over any type of bump.
I have an appt next Saturday and I am going to mention this. It is driving me nuts. I will let you know if I find anything out......

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same issue. I put a piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on the belt holder where it contacts the pillar and ****, noise gone! The velcro is soft and doesn't produce that plastic to plastic banging sound.

No issues with the door rattling but my seatbelt does bang against my seat by the B-Pilar and that drives me nuts.

kpat

Reaction score
At dealer and the rattle/cracking noise has stopped!! I think I figured it out on my own. Right above in your photo I pushed in the seal that goes around the door and heard a slight pop (sounded like I pushed it into place). When I am driving I hear it pop back out and then I just push it back in. Seems to have stopped. My noise was non stop too. Fingers crossed this is it. It was seriously driving me insane.