Driver door rattle and whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you show a photo of where you pushed? I can confirm if I push on the plastic triangle the rattle stops when I go over bumps.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! I tried...but didn’t hear anything snap back into place so to speak. I’m heading out in a bit and will see if the rattle is still there.

kpat

Reaction score
That was short lived....it’s back. It went away for 3 days. I don’t understand! So annoying.

kpat

Reaction score
So I have discovered that it will not make the sound when it is raining out. So when it was dry out and making the noise I threw water all over the side driver door window and front windshield.....it made it stop for the whole day!!!! So very strange.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If water quiets it down, wonder if its worth a try to lube up all the gaskets with silicone spray around that area on the door? Maybe even roll down the window and wipe down the gaskets around the window with silicone spray.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I finally figured it out...

The plastic triangle piece (where a tweeter would go in the Gator) rubs against the rubber seal that runs along the door frame of the body. The vibrations while driving cause a rattle.

I stick a credit card between the two and the rattle is gone completely.

Now I need to figure out what I can stick on the back side of the plastic triangle piece to fill the void/mute the rattle. ..

kpat

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? Mine is fixed. The dealer wanted to remove the windshield and see if the seal was broken. I didn’t like that idea so I sprayed some WD40 along the seal on the outside of the windshield in the area I heard it and I haven’t heard it now for 2 months!!!! I was getting the noise inside the SUV so I thought it was the inside plastic but nope. Windshield seal.