Driver side rear wing-window, stuck open(yesterday it was stuck closed). Is there a manual override to close the window...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jstekk

Reaction score
Have a 2003 Ford expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer edition. My rear driver side Wing window is stuck open, yesterday was stuck closed. I need to find out whether or not it has a manual override. Please help because it's in the middle of winter. Please please help somebody... IMG_20231227_095020542_HDR.jpg

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
No, there is no manual override. I would try to CAREFULLY disconnect the mechanism (so the glass doesn't break), and manually push the glass shut. Then, i would tape the glass so that it stays shut, and try not to use it.

Do you know why it is starting to stick open/closed?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The switches get corroded from lack of use. So you might be able to just get some contact cleaner spray from the autoparts store or Walmart and yank the overhead console down and unplug the switch and spray it out with contact cleaner. You can unbolt the window from the actuator arm and remove the actuator assembly and duct tape the window closed as a temporary fix till you can get the new actuator sent to you if need be. Try cleaning the switch first. If that don't work then grab a new motor/actuator assembly for about $50.

Gen2 Expedition Quarter Window Motor/Actuator Assembly Online

Rear Quarter Window Motor/Actuator Assembly .... Driver's Side
c4e8ff55c7f7d4f7cecb9725bbdb36ac.webp

OP
OP
Jstekk

Jstekk

Reaction score
No, there is no manual override. I would try to CAREFULLY disconnect the mechanism (so the glass doesn't break), and manually push the glass shut. Then, i would tape the glass so that it stays shut, and try not to use it.

Do you know why it is starting to stick open/closed?

I think it was condensation causing a short... I disconnected the wire and I used a wrench on the actual plastic part of the actuator to close the window... I didn't use any tape because I just didn't need any it's completely closed....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65