drivers side mirror replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi guys,
so i had a little accident today and broke my drivers side mirror and part of the housing as well.
so ive ordered a new one from ebay and will be fitting it as soon as it arrives.

now the big question....
has anyone done this before? mine are just eh normal powered assisted/heated ones without the indicator inside them and the part is identical.
i assume i will need to remove the inside door card and then unbolt it from the inside and unclip the electrics then do it in reverse to fit it all back together ?

any experience with this would be appreciated.

cheers

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U will need to take the door panel off...look for screws on the side...bottom...and center under a cover piece...push the lock down and pull up...door should come off...opposite side of the mirror inside the door u should see foam covering the other side...peel that back and keep it intact...there should be 3 nutts to take off...there is a wiring harness...disconnect the harness...remove nuts and it should come off...reverse process when swapped to put back on

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the help, mirror should here by next weekend so will post after the job is done.

cheers!