DRL LED lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello people
Well I made these DRL leds with the idea of using them on the front of my truck. But I changed my might since I have a bit of extra lights on it already. Not sure what to do with them now. They are waterproof and made out of billet aluminum
Any ideas ? Or should I just sell them?
Tell what you think.
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 52

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good!

But how were they made? What LED's, What driver, output, focused or floody lens, How is it water proof? ETC....

If you are selling, what are you including? such as wiring, switch, relay etc. Does your driver includes provision for up to 14.5V? An picture of how its lights up the road in the dark would help too.

Cheers

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are meant for day time. I have to double check which chips I used. They are more on the spot side. The picture gives you a idea of the beam. And I use a epoxy to seal up the back of the housing

Chips I used were the 5630
As for the 14.5 really haven't checked but work fine on 12 v

No wiring if i do sell them... Just the units

Last edited:

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if it would be of any need but looks like they would be good as puddle lights or rock lights up in the fenders

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if it would be of any need but looks like they would be good as puddle lights or rock lights up in the fenders
That's a good idea as if you could use them in your other (when the time comes) Car!! :buffer:
Trying to sell them seems to me - too much trouble for what you may eventually get them for.

Cheers

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a good idea as if you could use them in your other (when the time comes) Car!! :buffer:
Trying to sell them seems to me - too much trouble for what you may eventually get them for.

Cheers

True. Even thinking of a price is a tough one.