Dual Intercooler Fans Factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was wondering if all expeditions got dual intercooler fans from the factory?
I was looking into a aftermarket cooler but looked under my Timberline and it had dual electric fans which IMO seems would help a lot on the stock cooler maybe not even need a aftermarket intercooler.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dual fans are used to cool the radiator/engine. My 2017 Expy has dual electric fans.

An aftermarket "intercooler" will help lower the boost temps but you really need a tune and bigger turbos to take full advantage of an aftermarket intercooler.

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dual fans are used to cool the radiator/engine. My 2017 Expy has dual electric fans.

An aftermarket "intercooler" will help lower the boost temps but you really need a tune and bigger turbos to take full advantage of an aftermarket intercooler.
Mine has dual radiator fans but it also has dual smaller fans right on the IC. The engine and components in the Timberline and Stealth are right out of the 2022 Raptor hence the dual IC fans.

But I agree on not needing a bigger cooler unless you plan to tune. Since its a air based cooler there is only so much more you can get with a slightly bigger IC.