Dumb mistake 07 Expedition Completely dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nightsun

Reaction score
I'm in San antonio, tx. The truck is stuck at my friends ranch in rock springs tx about 150 miles nw.

OP
OP
N

Nightsun

Reaction score
Ok went back out there today. Hooked up my scanner tool and it couldn't read Ecu. I'm thinking Ecu may be bad. Can someone tell me what needs to be done if I swap out ecu's with a known good one. Do I have to program the Ecu or keys? Please any help is appreciated.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you check the fuse for the reader's ability to get pwoer? not sure which it is...

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
All those thins that you said still work, door locks, etc., are controlled by the GEM (generic electronic module). So it sounds like the GEM is still ok. Is your code reader self powered or does it use power from the truck? I'm trying to find out if there is power to the diagnostic port.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GEMs are only on the first gens.

The DLC is protected by fuse F20 (15a) in the smart junction box on your 2007. Check that fuse with a test light or meter. You should have 12v on both sides of the fuse at all times.

I would expect programming the ecu to the instrument cluster so that they are a "married" pair. Otherwise you will not start.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nightsun

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Got the truck back last Friday. Turned out the fusible links between the generator and starter motor we burnt up. Replaced them and it fired up and has been running like nothing ever happened. Lesson learned... Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.