Edge Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got the Edge CS programmer today, I haven't been able to take advantage of it yet because in order to use "Extreme" mode, you've gotta have 93 octane... so I'm waiting to empty my tank.

Any other tips you guys have?

Oh and also how do the panels on the side come off so that I can run the chord through there?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I remember correctly I was able to run mine down the side and tuck it underneath the dash and didn't have to remove anything and the only place you see my wire is coming out of the monitor....

I have yet to try the extreme lv 3 mode... I was happy with lvl 2.... make sure you adjust the programmer for your tires and GEAR RATIO... I forgot initially and was like WTF my speedo is still off.... then I realized what I did and bingo it was dead on

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if I remember correctly I was able to run mine down the side and tuck it underneath the dash and didn't have to remove anything and the only place you see my wire is coming out of the monitor....

I have yet to try the extreme lv 3 mode... I was happy with lvl 2.... make sure you adjust the programmer for your tires and GEAR RATIO... I forgot initially and was like WTF my speedo is still off.... then I realized what I did and bingo it was dead on

What should I put for gear ratio? And also when I try to put it on a different setting it says that it's not "stock"

What should I do about it? I've got it hooked up to the computer now trying to do something with it... Is it because of my head unit?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What should I put for gear ratio? And also when I try to put it on a different setting it says that it's not "stock"

What should I do about it? I've got it hooked up to the computer now trying to do something with it... Is it because of my head unit?

the reason I believe you get stock message is that you need to return to stock setting before changing levels.... can;t remember mines been on lev 2 for a year now...lol

don't think a head unit would cause problems unless you tapped into the ECU for power...

Look what gear ratio you have in your truck.... either on tag on rear axle or look up code on door jam sticker and google it... probably gonna be a 3.73 or lower... I think there was a 3.35 or 3.55... not sure

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the reason I believe you get stock message is that you need to return to stock setting before changing levels.... can;t remember mines been on lev 2 for a year now...lol

don't think a head unit would cause problems unless you tapped into the ECU for power...

Look what gear ratio you have in your truck.... either on tag on rear axle or look up code on door jam sticker and google it... probably gonna be a 3.73 or lower... I think there was a 3.35 or 3.55... not sure

Alright, I'll try that first. The stock setting was 3.55 so I left it alone... figured it was right.

Where do you get the little pod mounts from?

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, I'll try that first. The stock setting was 3.55 so I left it alone... figured it was right.

Where do you get the little pod mounts from?

I got everything working, it's on level 2 now... like I said though, I'll get it on level 3 or 4 next week.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read that only 99 and newer will be corrected for gearing and tire size with the programmer, I guess I would have to buy a different speed sensor to compensate even if I do decide to go with a programmer.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
JDMItchell, getting a new VSS gear is cheap for the 97-98 vehicles. I think I paid like $6 for my gear and installing it takes but a minute or two (just need a 6mm socket as I recall and then a pair of needle nose pliers or a screw driver to remove the C-clip on the end of the gear). If you need any more info on this, let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani