Egr Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voz

Reaction score
Hola.. yes i am new..and yes i tried the search feature!!:D

A little background.. I got this 00 expy new in 00 sold it to my bro-inlaw in 03 just flew up to NYC to get it saturday.. bro said check engine light was on ..so he took it to a shop in ny and they said it coded egr.. so the fella cleans the valve and the light goes out but comes back on in 2 days he takes it back... picks it up and light is off... kewl right!!

I take it to get state inspection today.. it coded egr again.. and check engine light does not work anymore...

QUESTIONS!!

could i try and get over by removing and cleaning all egr realted hoses, lines and hardware? I know that clogged hoses and lines will still code egr if egr is replaced and hoses are clogged or dirty..

or should my cheap ass just replace them?

I am not going to a stealersgip.. so which online source do you suggest?

Thank You!!

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry i ment i need the code from the puter like p0401

OP
OP
V

voz

Reaction score
changed egr and cleaned out those 2 rubber hosesand metal pipe that goes from egr to manifold.. and it still codes

i will try and buy the metel pipe and get new hoses!!..

I will also run some seafoam through it!!

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
with out the code your throwing money out the window

OP
OP
V

voz

Reaction score
I know.. I know... but i could not get it... can somplace like autozone or advance auto hook up an obdII thingy and get me code?

OP
OP
V

voz

Reaction score
J4F..

here ya go.. I had it all along and did not know it..

I never said i was bright!!

P0401 - EGR Flow Insufficient Detected

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is probably the EGR flow sensor and not the EGR valve. Those things get gummed up with carbon after a while. Ford actually measures EGR flow and not just the EGR position.
Matt