Engine fan always on plus new oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pinky 1352

Reaction score
BlackCoffee, yesterday's mechanic DID pull the transmission access panel. While there was oil dripping off the very bottom of it before he pulled it, he said the back of it was dry and that added to his opinion that it wasn't the main seal itself but something higher up that's leaking.
(When you pull off that rubber plug on the bottom of that housing it's also dry inside)

At this point then I'm going to guess that the dealer's mechanic didn't quite get the valve cover replacement correct, and hope it's not head gaskets.
This makes the most sense anyway, because I'd swear it wasn't leaking like this when I initially bought the car.

I've ordered myself a snake camera that connects to my phone from Amazon. I'm hoping the picture quality will be good enough for me to get some sort of better look at the upper rear of the engine.

I guess I'll post again by Thursday once I determine if I can get a good look back there.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986