Engine Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rvm1

Reaction score
I have a 04 EB 5.4L. Ive noticed that after driving for about an hour, while the hood and driver side front fender understandably gets warm, the driver side front fender becomes extremely hot that you cannot lay your hand on it for more than a few seconds.

Is this normal? Should I be worried about it? I would think that the hood would be hotter than the fender.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Last edited:

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
If you aren't overheating, and nothing smells like it's burning, I really wouldn't sweat it. I haven't looked recently but usually hoods have a liner that acts somewhat as an insulator, so that may be why the hood is cooler to the touch than the fender.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea that's not good. Sounds like you are missing some heat shields or something. I would look into it so it doesn't mess up the paint. I would try and figure out why it's getting so hot.

OP
OP
R

rvm1

Reaction score
Trying to do just that. Thing is when you open the hood, the battery and window washer reservoir, which are right beside the fender are not as hot. I was thinking that the exhaust pipes might have come loose and leaking fumes into the drivers side engine bay.

Sent from my GT-I9505