22' Issues (HVAC, Heated Steering, Trans Whine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianA

Reaction score
Figured Id make a post to see if dealer is yanking my chain or not. SUV has 5k miles on it and very disappointed for a $75k ride.

To start with I cannot control the 2nd row hvac from the driver hvac cluster only the temp, I can only control the fan speed and roof or floor from the 2nd row controls for 2nd and 3rd. Yet I can control the 3rd row fan speed from the driver cluster? Was told this designed to be like this. Why would I want children to control this from 2nd row and not me? I was reading threads of 22s leaving factory with 2nd row climate control delete which further leads me to believe I was given false information.

Secondly the heated steering wheel temps vary so much that it almost makes it seem as if it's got a short. Was told that the wheel is designed like that to not burn up the leads and discolor the steering wheel.

Thirdly The truck from outside has a terrible whine that my 12 f150 3.5 ecoboost does not have, but this does. The only difference is trans setup. Was not told any further information, since dealer could not re create noise. Happens every time while running.
Video of whine

-Another issue I've had now is when SUV is turned on remote start the Pass side mirror wants to go all the way to left and hit off bump stops, before stopping magically when ignition is pushed to start. Have not been able to get a video of it yet. It is pretty random.

-Adaptive cruise control is a PITA always tells me to put hands on wheel. I don't need to drive with white knuckles. Any way to adjust sensitivity?

-The headrests sit too far forward with no adjustment. I need to bend them back in my vice one of these days. I'm always ending up with a neck cramp.

-The heated and cooled seats leave much to be desired, just like the steering wheel with intermittent heating and cooling.

-The speakers could definitely do better in the lows. I didn't realize the B&O was with Limited and higher packages.

-Nice thin paint on the front bumper has already gave way to rock chips.

Enough of my rant, any help would be appreciated on my main 3 complaints thus far. As a pro it does get pretty good MPG at 16ish

Attachments

• Expedition.jpg
    Expedition.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 9

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Figured Id make a post to see if dealer is yanking my chain or not. SUV has 5k miles on it and very disappointed for a $75k ride.

To start with I cannot control the 2nd row hvac from the driver hvac cluster only the temp, I can only control the fan speed - based on my '19, you should have control
Secondly the heated steering wheel temps vary so much that it almost makes it seem as if it's got a short - normal

Thirdly The truck from outside has a terrible whine that my 12 f150 3.5 ecoboost does not have - need audio clip

-Another issue I've had now is when SUV is turned on remote start the Pass side mirror wants to go all the way to left - Hitting start button on dash should recall last setting - need to verify

-Adaptive cruise control is a PITA always tells me to put hands on wheel. I don't need to drive with white knuckles. - hands not adjustable from cab

-The headrests sit too far forward with no adjustment - pull all the way forward to release - they ratchet

-The heated and cooled seats leave much to be desired, just like the steering wheel with intermittent heating and cooling.- ok

-The speakers could definitely do better in the lows. I didn't realize the B&O was with Limited and higher packages.- not impressed with audio

-Nice thin paint on the front bumper has already gave way to rock chips.- normal. Aplly ppf

Enough of my rant, any help would be appreciated on my main 3 complaints thus far. As a pro it does get pretty good MPG at 16ish - I average 18 city and 22 hwy without trailer

KetMalice

Reaction score
22 Timberline here. Ford has basically given a big middle finger to me and all of my issues. It’s crazy how much a piece of garbage this thing is. Ford recently told me the 22 Expedition fit and finish was poor, but I bought it that way. As a gesture of goodwill they offered to give me free maintenance for 45k miles lol.

OP
OP
BrianA

BrianA

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ket. It's just ridiculous. I was on the fence on either an expedition or suburban and swore I would never own another ecoboost after all the issues on my 2012 f150. Thankfully the warranty covered my phasers, timing chain, water pump, and all the other crap involved before I hit the 100k. Now its just a pile of rust at 140k with no inner or outer rockers or cab corners.

The issue of now is the fact that no new vehicles are available in my market area. We drove 3.5 hours to buy this "gem".

I was told the trans whine is normal. The service guy gave me some printout SSM50355 stating its designed as such. I found this out when I had it in for a pass rear window track replacement due to window grinding while going down. I need to figure out how to get this trim peice down since service technicians are about useless.

Anybody else's doors have a belly at the top of them not sitting flush to the rear doors? Reveal is good but just seems like the angle of the actual doors are off.

Also sucks not having a rear pass mirror like the previous 4th gen did.

Attachments

• 20221219_093233.jpg
    20221219_093233.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221219_093249.jpg
    20221219_093249.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20221220_192937.jpg
    20221220_192937.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 14