Engine Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick8102

Reaction score
So I have a 97 expy that I got for dirt cheep and have been spending some cash on repairs after repairing a cracked manifold I came to find that I have a engine knock:facepalm: It sounds like a connecting rod my question is how common is this and also I heard the cam pahsers go is this more likely?

Thanks
Nick

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an engine knock on the drivers side. Goes away after oil pressure builds. Been knocking for 60k and still runs fine. From what I have read, it is commonly found in the top end on the 5.4L's. I would just drive it till it lets go.

OP
OP
N

nick8102

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help was hoping it was something like the phaser that could be solved easier than a rod or lifter tick but il just run it and see for now

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help was hoping it was something like the phaser that could be solved easier than a rod or lifter tick but il just run it and see for now

Post a video with sound if you can...