Engine light flashes for 15 seconds ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's expensive. Everyone on the F150 forum seems to be having luck with putting nickel anti-sieze on the shanks of the Motorcrafts as per the TSB.

OP
OP
P

PAPARAZZI

Reaction score
Just got the spark plugs,, an now for the coil pack's,, where is the best place to buy them,, any link's,, it would really help, thanx's

ShanePat

Reaction score
Word of caution....If your plugs haven't been changed before, they will be a #@!!!@# to get out at your mileage. Don't force them as they will likely break and then you have to get a broken plug removal tool.

Thanks for the warning. I'm not going to make my virgin attempt to change spark plugs on a 1998 EB 4.6L with 146,000 on it!
We got it cheap as a 3rd vehicle... knowing we're going to have to do a lot of upkeep. I'm a novice ready to learn but not everything the hard way. We knew we'd have to replace heater core but now I'm giving the dude the plugs I just bought, too!

Soon, we're going to have a compressed natural gas added to it. That's the main reason we bought old, cheap. Plus we've had an Expy before and loved it.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. I'm not going to make my virgin attempt to change spark plugs on a 1998 EB 4.6L with 146,000 on it!
We got it cheap as a 3rd vehicle... knowing we're going to have to do a lot of upkeep. I'm a novice ready to learn but not everything the hard way. We knew we'd have to replace heater core but now I'm giving the dude the plugs I just bought, too!

Soon, we're going to have a compressed natural gas added to it. That's the main reason we bought old, cheap. Plus we've had an Expy before and loved it.

You should be OK since you have the 2V heads on your Expy. It's the 3V heads on the newer vehicles ('05 to '10) that have the problems associated with the plugs breaking.