Engine running to lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F1vel66a

Reaction score
98 expy 5.4L running lean. A little back ground I pulled my dash apart replaced heatercore and shift cable. Now my obd2 is giving me a p0171 and p0174 is this just bad o2 sensors or is there by chance I forgot to plug something in? Thanks

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
98 expy 5.4L running lean. A little back ground I pulled my dash apart replaced heatercore and shift cable. Now my obd2 is giving me a p0171 and p0174 is this just bad o2 sensors or is there by chance I forgot to plug something in? Thanks

If it happened after you pulled dash apart and did some repairs check to make sure you plugged any and all vacuum lines back in. Any hiss coming from the dash area??

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the pcv vacuum tube assembly for soft or folded rubber connectors. You may have disturbed one while disconnecting the heater hoses. It runs from the rear of the intake to the pcv valve. I snapped mine while flushing my heater core recently.

OP
OP
F

F1vel66a

Reaction score
No hissing that I can hear inside the vehicle. I will look at my pcv when i get home in about a hour

OP
OP
F

F1vel66a

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed today was a ticking nose behind my dash when I step on the brakes I believe its a electrical tick

OP
OP
F

F1vel66a

Reaction score
Update looked under hood and found a cracked hose near the pcv.. Thats what I get for working in the dark lol