Error Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So what was the fix for the driver control malfunction issue? Have the same issue on my 2019 Platinum.

I think mine was worse as I was getting about 4-5 different error messages in sequence. In the end, since I was under 200 miles, they replaced the entire vehicle with a new one.

spiderman865

Reaction score
Update on my drive control malfunction message. Had my 2019 Platinum back to dealer for this repair. They had truck for a week and replaced ABS module which I don't think was right. Now 2 weeks later, same message. When message appears, can't change drive modes. If you shut off and turn back on, message is gone and drive mode knob functions normally. Any thoughts?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

spiderman865

Reaction score
I have 7200 miles on my 2019 and it has been to the dealer 4-5 times for same issue and all they do is clear codes and can't find the issue. Ford wanted to replace some huge wiring harness and I said no way and service dept doesn't bevel that is the problem. Ford is now replacing the vehicle through our states lemon law. Found am identical 2020 and hope all goes smooth.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick check of fuse behind pass side kick panel might help some of you. Number 35 or 36. Somebody used a fuse tap on mine there and it caused that message and several others. Won’t explain what caused it unless some pud wired a dvd that way on yours also, but might get function back if fuse is blown.

spiderman865

Reaction score
Not my issue. Bought mine with 14 miles so no one has added anything. Plus if I shut mine off and turn back on truck will function correctly.

99Redcobra

Reaction score
Talk to me about Lemon law. Did they just reimburse or did they offer the replacement 2020?

spiderman865

Reaction score
They offer a couple of options like buy back or replacement of collateral. I love the car so I went with replacement of collateral. Keep seem payment and current term and have to pay difference in MSRP which is BS. In my case $620, but I will have a 2020 with no miles as opposed to mine which has 7300 miles.

JJJATX

Reaction score
Did you go through your dealer or directly through Ford to negotiate your replacement? In a similar situation. Thanks!