Exhaust Manifold Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score

humper

Reaction score
I'm thinkin you miscounted...lol Kroil came in dead last at #6
Well I'm impressed, guys for the best overall rust loosen up fluid, it's liquid wrench. Kroil comes in #4. And is $15.00 a can. The transmission fluid/acetone mixture is 2 nd place, but can be flamable, and tough on paint. Thanks Habbibie, great video.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk[/QU

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passanger side started leaking today, ordered FoMoCo replacement manifold kit.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that bad but getting that top starter bolt blows. Make sure you have a couple 2' extensions and a swivel to make that bolt easier.

Not looking forward to this one......I’m going to wait for the spring weather to break. FordTechMakuloco (Brian) said it won’t harm anything to run it with a leak esp with the multi layer gasket since it seals itself back up in the short term as it heats up. Original manifolds lasted over 170k miles. Leaks for about 20-30 seconds and seals up.

I ordered both the OEM Ford drivers and passenger side manifold kits. It was an Ouch but I’m not doing this twice, will be on a nice spring weekend day.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why ford added heat shields to the replacement manifolds? My originals don’t have them but the new ones on order do.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Steve, I recommend watching "project farm" channel on YouTube, he does a pretty comprehensive comparison of all the penetration oils head to head and has two videos regarding this subject... you'll be surprised of the results cause we old timers keep thinking Kroil is best... which as it seems with today's technology that it's not as we claim it to be...

I like this guy and is videos and I hate youtube videos....but I can't say I have seen anything near these results.
I have never seen liquid wrench work as well as PB blaster and there is no way wd40 is even close to as good as PB and no way better.

I've been using all three for over 40 years. I just haven't seen similar results.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Steve, I recommend watching "project farm" channel on YouTube, he does a pretty comprehensive comparison of all the penetration oils head to head and has two videos regarding this subject... you'll be surprised of the results cause we old timers keep thinking Kroil is best... which as it seems with today's technology that it's not as we claim it to be...

I like this guy and is videos and I hate youtube videos....but I can't say I have seen anything near these results.
I have never seen liquid wrench work as well as PB blaster and there is no way wd40 is even close to as good as PB and no way better.

I've been using all three for over 40 years. I just haven't seen similar results.