Exhaust questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. But freeway is the first person I've ever heard enjoy drone and let's be real we all know hypertech is a junk can tune that people over pay for.

I am DA MAN...lol...but a lot of ppl don't have that knowledge...regardless of how much research they do...someone did post all the numbers for every muffler on the market

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can't comment on the Gibson system. I still have stock manifolds too.

Have had Flowmaster, SUV50 after supercharger installed, then the 40 series when the 50 finally rotted out. No complaints. There may be some "drone" at highway speeds, however it is not enough to overcome chat nor music.

make sure whomever, or yourself, that your exhaust is mounted using some type of hangars with the rubber insulation/padding. I think this makes a big difference in what translates into the cab/body. I had two extra sets put on mine, and am only using a single outlet, 3" stainless post "y" pipe.

++ on listening to the various soundbytes.

PanHandler.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have flowmaster....a lot of us do and I personally love it...flowmaster...Gibson...magnaflow...to each their own...you will hear of "drone"...I love the drone sound...going dual flowmasters eventually...there are a lot of youtube vids to hear the difference...intake is good...programmer is good too...hypertech and superchips are what they call "canned" tunes...preset from the company and that's it...if you get with 5startuning in the vendor section you can get an sct programmer with 5 tunes custom to what you want out of your truck to include the mods (intake...exhaust...etc) installed on your truck...all same price...

from what ive read on here...headers aren't necessary unless youre really going to dig in with engine mods and port the engine and whatever else...

I'll second that. Some of the flowmaster series sounds awesome and some sound like crap, but it's all opinion. Personally though I don't care for a mean exhaust on an suv. Just cars.

Last edited:

sleeve

Reaction score
Magnaflow

I just bought a 2007 and can't wait to get a Magnaflow on it. I had K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty headers, Magnaflow cat back on my gen 1 and it was amazing. Magnaflow was a perfect bolt on fit and better quality than anything I have tried before. The sound at takeoff was so noticeable but at cruising speeds was perfect for interior cab sound.