Exhaust sound... how to slightly improve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, just bought a used 2019 Special Edition Expedition and coming from a Jaguar XE with a badass stock exhaust I’m curious if there’s any easy muffler or exhaust system mod that can yield a little more of a performance sound under hard throttle without being annoying while cruising.

Additionally, I have a lifetime powertrain warranty so I wouldn’t want to negate that by performing a mod so if that’s not feasible I’d leave it alone but hoping I can do something!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Deadman is right. Unless it’s a high revving Ford GT EcoBoost there’s not much you can do. You can change the tone a little and the obnoxiousness a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A turbo V6 is not really known for its badass exhaust note.

V8, particularly the gut ripping GT40 exhaust, is where the sound is.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still just sounds gross to me. I wish it had a nasty V8 rumble, but it is what it is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new 6.X V8 ends up in these as an option, sounds like a done deal for the Mustang and F-150. Supposed to be a smaller version of the 7.3 architecture in a lightweight aluminum block with DI. Primary use was stated to be passenger vehicles and not HD trucks in that union conference. Sounds like Ford is going to do the unavailing in 2022.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if the new 6.X V8 ends up in these as an option, sounds like a done deal for the Mustang and F-150. Supposed to be a smaller version of the 7.3 architecture in a lightweight aluminum block with DI. Primary use was stated to be passenger vehicles and not HD trucks in that union conference. Sounds like Ford is going to do the unavailing in 2022.

Why? The only thing it has on the eco is the exhaust racket, but they put mufflers on them all, so I don't care.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? The only thing it has on the eco is the exhaust racket, but they put mufflers on them all, so I don't care.

It is only a sure thing for the F-150 and Mustang so far, it may never land in an Expedition. They are responding to market demand, people have been demanding more cubic inches for the Mustang and F-150 for a while now. That and they can retool to make 2 derivatives of the same engine on a single line and cancel the OHC program to save $$ and make a more flexible and efficient engine package. Demand for the 7.3 has been so high Ford Performance started selling it in crate form. This 6.X will likely replace both the 5.0 and 6.2 all while being cheaper to produce, more powerful, and more fuel efficient. One iron block without DOD and one aluminum with DOD and it can do both jobs.