Expedition Limited seats 2007 until what year interchangeable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LindaV

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2007 Expedition Limited and I found a great deal on some replacement front seats from a 2012. I already bought them. They look exactly the same and are from another Limited expedition. Will the plugs be the same? I haven't removed my seats yet to check it out. Thanks in advance for any advice.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I would have to guess there will be differences. I remember reading something about the heated cooled seat modules being difference in early 3rd gens compared to mid or late 3rd gens. I will update this post if I can locate the original post that I read.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Maybe an electronics swap from the old seat to the new is an option? Seat heater is probably the same but the rest should just transfer over I would imagine

OP
OP
LindaV

LindaV

Reaction score
Maybe an electronics swap from the old seat to the new is an option? Seat heater is probably the same but the rest should just transfer over I would imagine
That's what I was thinking. I will attempt the swap this weekend and if successful I will post pictures. Thank you.

OP
OP
LindaV

LindaV

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I would have to guess there will be differences. I remember reading something about the heated cooled seat modules being difference in early 3rd gens compared to mid or late 3rd gens. I will update this post if I can locate the original post that I read.
Thank you . I appreciate it.