Expy Build - Heading to Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoothillsJim

Reaction score
My '99 XLT 5.4 with 130K miles just needed new air springs in the rear - I would check those if you have the air suspension. Also recently needed new stabilizer links in the front suspension. I mostly now use it for week longs trips on 4WD roads in S. California desert. It does see some tough roads (@ low speed). I removed the running boards for clearance, otherwise it is stock. Wheels and tires, like your new ones, would be nice.

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Nice! They are getting hard to find with low mileage. No air suspension and I do have the front driverside link also. That will be handled soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Got my 2in wheel spacers yesterday:). I got theses wheels new for $260 but they are 8in wide and I would have wanted 9-10in, it makes the tire look much wider. But in my home its function before fashion and budget before beauty, so I got the spacers because the wheels tucked into the body:eek:
IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2940.JPG front wheel.jpg back wheel.jpg IMG_2945.JPG

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
The next item was some rust I had on the roof. So I sanded it down and sprayed it with converter. Also as a layer of protection I got Herculiner and did the roof last night. It might seem like overkill but I have a large roof basket and I am sure to drop, scuff and scratch the roof otherwise.IMG_2926 (1).JPG IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2931.JPG

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Next I will be doing the bumpers, grill, and brush guard. If you have figured it out yet, I am not a fan of chrome. Pics soon!

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Started this weekend on grille n bumpers (painting bedliner). Found some light rust and sprayed with converter. Also properly mount cheap air horns from previous owner.IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2960.JPG IMG_2962.JPG IMG_2963.JPG

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
While at it I decided to remove fading pin stripping and body moldings.
[/ATTACH] IMG_2967.JPG IMG_2979.JPG IMG_2980.JPG

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
I wasnt sure whether to replace the hazy fog light with stocks, projector or leds. But amazon had a sale and made the decision for me. Mounted them on stock brackets. Will wire up to stock fog light wiring.IMG_2985.JPG IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2989.JPG IMG_2987.JPG