Expy kicking ass on this trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately I forgot to reset the fuel history so we will never know how it did. I do recall putting in about 7.5 gallons and that added to what I did today worked out to almost dead on the 17.3 indicated. That short tank before the trip was my usual foot on floor local running. Have to think we pulled 20 or better on the trip.

Deftones

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but...

I just took our first road trip in my MY20 Expy. Had for less than a month. Loaded up 4 adults and 4 kids with luggage for an overnight trip. Drove from Phoenix metro to Flagstaff and back.

We got about 18.5 MPG (gauge) on way up. Driving between 75-85 the whole way. Uphill drive so wasn't expecting great MPG but was pleasantly surprised. On way back (downhill) got nearly 24 mpg. That was nice.

Impressions are that this is a great ride. It does feel a bit floaty, especially if you over correct, but nothing horrible. Plenty of space for people. Not one complaint about being squished. The road noise was a bit more than expected, however, coming from a Kia Sedona minivan, it was nothing compared to that.

Got several compliments about how great it rode. When I was going 85 it didn't even feel like I was going that fast.

Overall, I am ecstatic with the purchase and hopefully this gets my family in the road a bit more to do some weekend trips.

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got almost 80k miles on my 2018. It really has been a great vehicle. No major issues to report. It’s been loaded inside with a hitch hauler full of stuff on the back. Great MPG for its size, pulls my 24’ boat without issue, 4WD/AWD works very well and even better with A/T type tires but is definitely not a hard core off roader. Overall much better than my 2016 Denali it replaced but I find the driving dynamics and cockpit area of the Denali was more driver oriented.