Expy/Lightning Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Was bored today so decided to make some new video in HD of course..

Basic videos of me driving my expy/lightning. It is currently running very well and Drive-ability is near perfect. Cold start, hot start, open loop, closed loop, throttle response is very linear. Goes from pullling fairly strong to pulling like a bat out of hell as you feed the throttle. Well.... for a near 6,000 lb expedition anyways.

Believe it or not it still has dual 3" exhaust from the headers back. The past summer I had extra cats install as well as 1/4 wave resonator tubes. It now has 4 cats installed using the high flows as pre-cats and standard larger gvw cats directly behind them. Its fairly quiet now but louder than stock.

The following is the cold start and drive away video.

00005 - YouTube

The following is driving around. Feeding into the throttle pretty aggressively on several occasions but at no time just punching it. (Keeps it from engaging A4wd).

From about 6:00 minutes on there is not much "action". Just typical driving in traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5ksJBY5jw

The following is parking it after the drive and a walk around and look under the hood.

00007 - YouTube

Last edited:

ExpyKurt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was so envious when I bought my 05... now that I have a 2000 I so wish I had the cash to do this. Awesome Truck!

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I was so envious when I bought my 05... now that I have a 2000 I so wish I had the cash to do this. Awesome Truck!

Thank you!

I just added some videos to my first post that were not there previously.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Thought I posted these elsewhere but will group them here anyways...

Some go pro videos from racing this past fall in HD.

This first pass it spun badly as the a4wd did not kick in ??
Not easily seen or heard but I could certainly feel it.
2.0 60' spinning.. still managed a 12.88 @ 105.85

Ford expedition 1st pass with go pro. - YouTube

Me racing a 9 second mustang heads up. Check out his parachute :) .. Yep, my 12 second expy doesn't stand a chance. I ran a 12.67 @ 106 on this pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0c9bcSXyXw

Last edited:

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the gopro vids. Man couldn't they find anything like another SUV or Titan to whale on?

It looks like there puting you up aginst 9.xx & 10.xx fox body's ?

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lovhttp://www.expeditionforum.com/images/styles/fordx/editor/separator.gife the gopro vids. Man couldn't they find anything like another SUV or Titan to whale on?

It looks like there puting you up aginst 9.xx & 10.xx fox body's ?

It was a fall ford event test and tune. It was the luck of the draw who was in the other lane. Odds are it would be a fox body....lol. For some reason there were no other expeditions?!:shrug: I beat the 1st car to the finish line but he passed me afterwards. Of course the camera was mounted on the wrong side for that run.

I still don't like you either. You and Samrider

Your just jealous I have the complete original rear view mirror on the drivers side.. :p

Stop posting these!!!! It makes me miss my HD F150 really bad! LOL.

:(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze