Extended warranty……?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's been said many times in many posts on here! If you spend 30 minutes reviewing posts you'll probably talk yourself into it. And yes, I get it, many folks on forums like this generally contribute only when bad stuff happens, but it shouldn't matter. There really doesn't seem to be a part of these that isn't causing someone some pain.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a little bit of a different warranty question here. I’m going to be getting a 5 year / 75k warranty provided by Ford due to a customer service issue. But based on mileage I was already looking at buying myself a 6 year /100k plan. On Flood the difference between those two plans is a few hundred dollars. Anyone ever upgrade or extend their plan? Can I just go to Flood and pay the difference? I emailed them about this last week but haven’t heard back.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an extended after I bought my truck. 5 1/2 years, 57,000 miles later, never used it. I got 6 months to go. Like I've said here before, it's in the top 5 of the BEST vehicles I've ever owned, and I've owned dozens. All that said, if I keep it for another year or two, I will be extending my warranty. I will not have this truck without one.

@BSarchet ...You'd really have to talk to Flood. You have a different situation. Since Ford is giving you a warranty, I don't know how that would work. They would normally cancel the 5/75, credit (refund) the remaining to you, and you'd pay for the new 6/100. Better solution might be to ride out the 5/75 to almost the end, then buy the 6/100, or maybe even get a longer term.

DaveH

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Platinum Expedition with 57,000 miles. Drivers side mirror went bad and had to replace for $1,200. With all the electronics the parts are crazy high. So after that expense, I bought a 4 year / 120,000 mile warranty for $3500.

bobward757

Reaction score
2019, bought used in 2020 with 24K. Bought the longest Premium care at the time which was for 125,000 add'l miles.

As many have echoed here, it's the little electronic things that CAN eat you alive. Mirrors, rear wipers, running board motors, ABS sensor, water pump......

It's the best money I've spent. Since I drive 50K a year through multiple states, it's nice having the warranty.

Finally, regarding the turbos, if you change your oil religiously every 5K, you'll never hear a gripe from your turbos.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019, bought used in 2020 with 24K. Bought the longest Premium care at the time which was for 125,000 add'l miles.

As many have echoed here, it's the little electronic things that CAN eat you alive. Mirrors, rear wipers, running board motors, ABS sensor, water pump......

It's the best money I've spent. Since I drive 50K a year through multiple states, it's nice having the warranty.

Finally, regarding the turbos, if you change your oil religiously every 5K, you'll never hear a gripe from your turbos.
Changing your oil has no affect on the Notoriuos turbo wastegate rattle though

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani