New Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My current Extended warranty expires in Feb. just had our 2019 in for shifting hard at times and they were able to duplicate it twice and replace the valve body. That would have been $1400. There was a service bulletin that covered it so no deductible was due. I was able to extend the Extended Warranty for 60K miles or 4 years. $2618. I’m just under 60K miles. I think it was a good choice. One turbo or cam phasers and it paid for its self. I was a big fan of the extended as I’m very mechanical can do almost anything but we travel often and it’s just piece of mind. And I’m not getting any younger!

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My current Extended warranty expires in Feb. just had our 2019 in for shifting hard at times and they were able to duplicate it twice and replace the valve body. That would have been $1400. There was a service bulletin that covered it so no deductible was due. I was able to extend the Extended Warranty for 60K miles or 4 years. $2618. I’m just under 60K miles. I think it was a good choice. One turbo or cam phasers and it paid for its self. I was a big fan of the extended as I’m very mechanical can do almost anything but we travel often and it’s just piece of mind. And I’m not getting any younger!
Considering the inferior quality control of ford expedition production, it is a no brainer to purchase ford esp, as long as how long you want to keep it.

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And it stays with the vehicle so if I sell it at some point it's a good selling feature. If I trade it, which I doubt I would ever do cause you always get hosed, I can get a refund of the prorated cost of the policy as long as I don't use it. Just a note. I got this with Lombard Ford. Flood sent me to a 3rd party because I was over I think 44K miles.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm reading elsewhere that existing Ford ESP service plans can only be extended:
a) Until the vehicle is a certain age / mileage, if so what are those numbers.
b) Right before existing ESP is about to expire.

Do any of you know if this info is correct or incorrect?

I have a 2017, Limited 4X4 with 49,000 miles, purchased new May of 2017.
Current Premium ESP expires 5/23/25 or 100,000 miles, which in my case will be the date.

I would probably look to extend the current ESP to 2028 or 2030 with same 100,000 sometime next year.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@GlennSullivan ......I spoke directly with Ford about extending my ESP. They told me, you can not extend an ESP. I think he said if you're still under the original 36/36 you can extend it, but once you're out of the original warranty, no. Once that expires, you have to go to a dealer and get a "used car ESP" at whatever they charge. That's as far as I got. I didn't do any other investigation. Maybe I should, but I'm not sure I want to keep it. Hope that helps, let us know what you find out.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@GlennSullivan ......I spoke directly with Ford about extending my ESP. They told me, you can not extend an ESP. I think he said if you're still under the original 36/36 you can extend it, but once you're out of the original warranty, no. Once that expires, you have to go to a dealer and get a "used car ESP" at whatever they charge. That's as far as I got. I didn't do any other investigation. Maybe I should, but I'm not sure I want to keep it. Hope that helps, let us know what you find out.
Thanks for the info. I’ve always purchased my Ford ESP from Flood, so I’ll probably speak to them in the coming weeks and see what they have to say.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Check out Lombard Ford on the Internet. They sell Ford factory warranties by mail at a third the price of some dealers. I bought a 4 year, 40,000 mile warranty for my used Explorer which had 97,000 miles on it. And there were three warranties to choose from. I chose the powertrain for $1100...

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought my ESP from Lombard Ford. I have 59500 miles on a 2019. I got a 4 year 60K premium care with 100$ deductible for $2618. I had an ESP that expires soon. If you're not on a plan you will need to get an inspection of the vehicle for $119. At flood if you were over 44,000 miles they sent you to a 3rd party.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett