Exterior HID/ LED Conversion Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash!

Full Access Members
Reaction score
VIDEO LINKS IN BOLD PRINT.

LED / HID conversion complete. LED marker/turn signal elements installed. You can see how dim the LEDs make the stock 9007s look. Time for Silverstar 5000 K.

Here are the images of the rear, which are pretty straight forward. The FRONT is where the good comparisons can be made.

Front view with HID and LEDs ON, daytime. Notice the glare from the 55 W HID during the DAYtime.

hidon.jpg

Rear view showing all LEDs, including the 3rd brake and tag lamp conversions. You cannot see the tag lamps during the day, but they are bright white. And as you can see, the reverse lamps are SUPERbright.

IMG_0442.jpg

Daytime...

Various videos compiled over 14 years. Copyrighs owned by respective creators. - YouTube

Nighttime... Out of focus at first due to targeting at dark...

Wide angle video of the conversion at night. - YouTube

Instead of zooming I took an up close video to demonstrate the intensity of the LED conversion. There are only two bulbs left to swap, and there are NO LED headlamps worth buying, with a price tag of $250.00 and no verification of the quality. Otherwise, I would have them.

This truck is definitely VISIBLE to oncoming traffic!

Night time update of LED conversion. - YouTube

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crash!

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turn UP? Never heard that one before...

That's as bright as you can get brother! ************ HID and LEGAL LEDs, well, check out the videos!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turn up is the new slang term for 13-29 now...I work with a lot of them starting at 18

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
C

Crash!

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right on. Keep up the good work with the kids. It is very rewarding. I teach kids self defense in the discipline of Americanized Karate for Team USA here in Tulsa. I love giving back to society.

God bless!

OP
OP
C

Crash!

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hid on from the front, daytime...

hidon-1.jpg

Hid and 9007 headlamps on, with the 55W HID projectors overwhelming the 9007s...

hidledonly.jpg

HID, 9007s and LED fogs on, 3157s to be installed... Now complete.

hidledon.jpg

HID off, 9007 Silverstars for comparison purposes...

hidoff.jpg

HID flood pattern scope...

hidflood.jpg

HID on 55W DEPO projector 9005s, no shutter installed. A flood pattern with cutoff at the edge of the lenses. Not a crazy scattered pattern, but definitely enough to blind on coming traffic and those I come up behind. On the car in front of me, the reflection from the HIDs reflecting from the rear view mirrors and just the light reflected off the interior panels is enough to blind people and make them stop or pull over. The best takedown lights I have ever used. Now used with caution and moderation. Make no mistake.

I have mellowed, but I still use my flash to pass. The 9007s. But if I have to flash you three times, I will buzz you as I just go on my way. I no longer engage in road rage.

hidfloodpattern.jpg

LEDs appearing as bright as daylight. And THAT my friends is what I am here to have accomplished! Special thanks to LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS for their help in ensuring I had everything covered! Now for the interior.

IMG_0437.jpg

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Did you have to replace the relay to stop the hyper flash?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did only when I replaced the turn signal in headlights...everything else was done and I had normal blink speed

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did only when I replaced the turn signal in headlights...everything else was done and I had normal blink speed

cool Im going to do my mirrors for now, TY