EXTREMELY bouncy rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Navigating201

Reaction score
Thanks, I really like it. It's my first new Expedition.

When that happens that normally means that the shocks have failed. I don't know if the Expedition has separate shocks and springs or complete units like struts. My previous Expedition had air suspension and the new one has shocks/springs but I don't know how they replace them.

I would probably go with OEM quality if they lasted this long, I'd say they are good enough. Most of the guys want to improve handling or load carrying capability so they experiment with different things. It just depends on what you want.

appreciate your help!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the cheapest trustworthy & decent spring&strut assembly kit?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ride quality is very subjective. I've used Monroe, bilsteins, on my 2000, and didn't like the ride. I went with original ford shocks front and rear, and got the oem ride back. It's more money but it gives you the ride back, that you and all of us buy these SUVs for. I also installed new rear springs as well. I would install new torsional bars in the front, but they can't be found. Just what worked for me. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ride quality is very subjective. I've used Monroe, bilsteins, on my 2000, and didn't like the ride. I went with original ford shocks front and rear, and got the oem ride back. It's more money but it gives you the ride back, that you and all of us buy these SUVs for. I also installed new rear springs as well. I would install new torsional bars in the front, but they can't be found. Just what worked for me. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh? We buy these for ride???

Daaang maybe i should head over to a Ford dealer and testdrive a fresh one lol. Cause I bought the beast for the ROOM and the reputation for dependability of Ford Fseries based trucks since expedition is pretty much an F150 no-bed-triple-cab

Rigpig

Reaction score
Eh? We buy these for ride???

Daaang maybe i should head over to a Ford dealer and testdrive a fresh one lol. Cause I bought the beast for the ROOM and the reputation for dependability of Ford Fseries based trucks since expedition is pretty much an F150 no-bed-triple-cab

Yep. Bought mine to haul my hobby stuff around. I added a lift and LT tires to make it ride more like a truck and less like grandma's Lincoln. I wish I would've gone with an EL for the extra room

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Bought mine to haul my hobby stuff around. I added a lift and LT tires to make it ride more like a truck and less like grandma's Lincoln. I wish I would've gone with an EL for the extra room
The first one I bought was the short wheel base, the next one was the EL that extra 14" makes a big difference. Most of the time I just have to put the third row down and have plenty of room. Every once in a while i'll put the second row down and cover the gaps.

Rigpig

Reaction score
The first one I bought was the short wheel base, the next one was the EL that extra 14" makes a big difference. Most of the time I just have to put the third row down and have plenty of room. Every once in a while i'll put the second row down and cover the gaps.

That extra 14" would make a big difference in the way I load my long guns in to go to the range. I leave the third row down and have an extended Husky Liner cargo liner covering the third row. I still have to put my shotguns in at an angle to get the lift gate closed. A minor inconvenience, until I pack a few buddies in with their guns and gear, too. In that case, I fold the center 2nd row seat down and stack long guns down the middle. Gets kinda cramped.