F150 longtubes on 2wd 3rd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiianbasshead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My exhaust leaking and ticking/clacking is getting horribly loud. I'm sure it can't be good for the motor. I tried searching but didn't get too much info, seems like the 2wd 3rd gen have a slightly better chance of fitting due to no 4wd front crossmembers for transfer case or such.

*We do NOT have CARB or SMOG testing here. It's an active constantly flowing lava volcanic island.*

So I was thinking since what I've read tells me the stock mani flanges should be warped by now, I'd get the ceramic coated pacesetter longtubes for an F150= https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...-8-1---2-0&dpPl=1&dpID=41j4GwlFr9L&ref=plSrch

Just trying to see if anyone has any experience. I've found a few f150 threads and seems they like the OBX and pacesetter is the main budget goto.

If I get this to work, will change out the muffler too with maybe a magnaflow soon as I can. Maybe get an SCT, still not too sure on keeping this thing though. I've had to put money into it almost constantly.

Debating trying to get it running decent enough to offload it and pacesetter ceramic longtubes cost similar to stock mani's anyway and I get to remove the cats. Just by looking under there, it looks like there are only 2 cats on a 2wd SWB 07 expy. And it seems to run like crap so I'm imagining the cats are pretty clogged at 125,000miles. I have 33x20s and have floored it or very close when going up steep grades plenty of times in the last few months to get through. One of which the cel was flashing but I didn't see a code when I obd scanned it.

Thinking of using spark plug defoulers to space the o2 sensors out, I did that on my old titan to not throw a cel with longtubes an no cats. If not I will try to make some home made mil eliminators. See pic attached.

Hoping to get input on anything else I may need as I only have one vehicle so when it's down even for wrenching I'm stranded... really want to get everything in one shot before attempting the install.

I don't have a computer so this is all searching from my phone so maybe I'm missing something but seems the firewall forward f150s and expys are pretty similar and the hardest part is removing the stock mani's and clearing the starter..

Thanks in advance for any insight!

mil_eliminator_post.JPG

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I will say I've ised pacesetter headers before on another platform and the quality was in the gutter.ight be work looking into another brand

Reaction score
I might be late to this thread but im also a rebel and I want make my expy loud and obnoxious, did you end up doing the headers?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it bogs down, hit it with a Liquimoly Oil Flush treatment, then change it out with Rotella T6 5w40 doped up with Liquimoly Ceratec

Oh and dump some injector cleaner in the tank, Lucas or Liquimoly or whatever seems mildly respectable.

65 bucks later you might not recognize your old motor.