Fading break pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Up to you where You get your parts. I used that link for the Motorcraft part number that fixed my brake problem. I've used the site for 15+ years w/o problems but is your choice. I had to remove the battery & tray for my repair, yours may be different.

Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight...Love to be SCOLDED like a child. Geee Thanks

I have an appointment august 5th . I would like to attempt the repair myself if its the MC but I dont throw parts at vehicles so I posted here.

Schmidts went down hill after the owner died and his lazy son took over over 12 years ago. Place is horrible and filthy. Just sayin...
In quite a few situations throwing parts on things that work can save you a headache later.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
A hose assembly is something you can remove and check for leaks. You can also check that vacuum check valve is working correctly.

I never had a problem with Rock Auto either. They trade customer service for rock bottom price. Crappy service, low price. Usually works for me. I've saved hundreds.

Last edited:

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In quite a few situations throwing parts on things that work can save you a headache later.

LOL - that's the most optimistic comment I've ever come across for rationalizing the use of a parts canon.

Cooper

Reaction score
LOL - that's the most optimistic comment I've ever come across for rationalizing the use of a parts canon.
If you plan on keeping a vehicle I stand by it. Not enough life time to analyze things to deaf. Got kids and jobs to deal with.
That why people come here so others and analyze for them and save some IRL time. Love the site!

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you plan on keeping a vehicle I stand by it. Not enough life time to analyze things to deaf. Got kids and jobs to deal with.
That why people come here so others and analyze for them and save some IRL time. Love the site!

I'm not saying I disagree with you - I totally get it - but it can be really expensive doing it that way and no less frustrating.