False/Ghost Front Parking Alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
Noticed mine went off twice this weekend in direct sunlight. I was thinking to clean the sensor and see if that happened again.

Laura Hogue

Reaction score
We have a 2015 Expedition that is experiencing the same front park assist. It has been to the dealership 2 times for this issue. 1 dealership said that the sensors were dirty. Took to a different one and the tech asked if this happened if I was behind another Ford. I said yes. He says that there is something in the rear lights or that general area that makes it do this. The dealership is not showing any codes so they don’t have anything to replace. It is just really annoying when you are sitting in traffic and it goes off.

MuddySpokes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While sitting in traffic, I've noticed occasional false alerts for the front parking aid.

Try cruising at highway speed in the rain with traffic. System gets truly annoying then. Passengers freak out as they do not like hearing the beeps at speed or seeing the display switch if the event is long enough. Seems to trigger more when there is a vehicle in front and the sensors get hit by spray / mist. Heavy downpours do it too.

A buddy has the same issue with his '17.

I tried to turn-off the front parking system, but it returns with each vehicle start. Anybody find the code to move the default state of the front parking system to 'Off'?

And toward comments about ghost alerts for the trailer system, I recently got a warning that my trailer's right directional light was out, immediately pulled over (was at a slow speed anyway), the trailer lights were fine, and I gave a tug on the 7-pin connector to make sure it was secure just-cause. Has not repeated. Figured that the warning triggered as I was in a sharp turn at the moment and the trailer might have tugged on the cord a bit.

Despite not liking a potential false positive warning, it is potentially impressive that the system is checking for the state of the trailer lighting even when the light are not 'On'. Of course, this presumes that truck is actually polling the lights and this was not just a pure random false positive . . .

Last edited:

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Since new, the vehicle has also intermittently and randomly displayed “trailer wiring fault” and “no key detected” messages. I have never towed or opened the four or seven pin connector covers. The “no key detected” message appears after I enter the vehicle and start it. Ironically, it did it earlier tonight.

In the last few months my 2017 has been displaying the 'No Key Detected' message more and more. Today it did so three times. It has done it randomly in the past. It is indeed always jarring. Especially when the key is sitting right in the center console... Going to replace the batteries since they are two years old now. Hoping that solves this latest rash of key alerts.