Favorite After Market Add On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I

I installed the iarmor running boards and recommend them. I'm 230lbs and they don't move when I step on them. Really gotta Crank on em to tighten em up. Also you can adjust them all the way out so car doors will hit them first.

i have the OEM boards on it now - it's a second gen SSV - but when i replace them it will be with a set of rock sliders. I'll have to consider the side spacing in the design. I'm considering installing an entire exterior cage on it because one of my best friends is a master welder and refuses to accept payment. he doesn't even drink much beer.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which lights do you use and where did you mount them?

if you're asking me, i haven't done anything with the lights yet. there are some side markers, but the FD pulled all that wiring when they de-milled it. all i know is that when i do get lights, they'll be inexpensive LEDs. inexpensive, because lights tend to get destroyed fairly quickly, in my experience. of course, my experience may just be odd.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I always put OEM factory skid plates on them if they aren't equipped. Ford makes them for the fuel tank, transfer case and motor on anything offered for police or fleet work. I also put in a stock GPS if I can find one.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which lights do you use and where did you mount them?

My reverse lights are Rigid SR-Q. Each is mounted to a small piece of 1" steel square tube, which is in turn mounted to the frame behind the rear bumper. This lines them so they are directly below the bumper.

The fogs are the Baja Squadron-R Sport (wide pattern). I have them mounted in the fog pockets using the Baja F150 fog pocket mounting kit. They don't sit back quite as far as I'd like, but cutting them down seemed like a lot of effort for little reward so I left them.

There's a pic of them mounted up here.

Plati

Reaction score
Sirius subscription, stickers, solid lug nutz, EZ Pass, cupholder cell phone/Garmin gooseneck, Jump-n-Carry, rocker panel hole plugs, Krown oil/Fluid Film, F'ken Wildpeak AT3W LT tires, collection of Map Books, and the bed platform with all the storage compartments.

IMG_2411.JPG

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sirius subscription, stickers, solid lug nutz, EZ Pass, cupholder cell phone/Garmin gooseneck, Jump-n-Carry, rocker panel hole plugs, Krown oil/Fluid Film, F'ken Wildpeak AT3W LT tires, collection of Map Books, and the bed platform with all the storage compartments.

View attachment 40413
You’re disqualified... you are only allowed to pick your favorite! Or is it a ten way tie? Just messing with ya!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 40413

Wow, paper maps! :D

Plati

Reaction score
Wow, paper maps! :D
Oh yeah ... paper maps! ABSOFUKINLUTELY. Learnt that backpacking in the Adirondacks. Electronics break, paper's good if you keep it dry. Those maps have every driveable road (including forest roads) in each state. aka Gazetteteer, Atlas. Battery never goes dead on those, dont need cell phone service. You can spread them out on a table and plan your route much better than a tiny screen. Essential tools. Breakouts for National Parks. Can plan a route across the entire US or Canada when you are thinking at that level. Shows campgrounds and parks and all kinds of useful stuff. Some have topography. And btw furghet those old gas station or AAA foldable maps, more trouble than they are worth. I also have an iPhone and a MOTO and a 6" Garmin (which has preloaded North America map info). I also carry a magnetic compass which I have used at times (have to get out of Expy to work). Only thing I dont have is a SPOT but I might get one. My tracfone cell phones dont work in Canada (and many places in US) so I rely on maps and Garmin for that. I need a backup for my backup contingency. I was thinking I "could do" without everything on my list except the PAPER maps if I had to (to MrBoost's point).

I was <who the hell knows where> in Colorado once in 2015 in my black Expy in late July. It was really hot and the sun is incredibly strong at elevation. Black is a solar oven (thats why I went to white in the 2014). I realized that if the old Gal broke down I would roast and maybe die by the end of the day. So also carry a couple gallons of water and a setup to create some shade if required .... to avoid dying. Try to avoid death. I actually pack enough food for 2 weeks and my supply of emergency stuff is fairly extensive and thought out from things that have (or could have) happened.

Last edited:

OldMedic

Reaction score
Every light in my 2004 is LED, except the turn signals. I've got Weather Tech floor and cargo liners.

But my absolute favorite is my brand new Pioneer stereo, with a back up camera. That makes backing up so much easier!

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Solid lug nuts for the win. (Gorilla) So frustrated that my 2018 F150 after 4-5 rotations were getting chewed up so easily. (Techs not using the right size and/or hammering them with the impact). Then if they start to swell it becomes a situation where you are at the mercy of the tire shop or dealer. It’s one of those “upgrades” you do before you can’t get them off easily.