FDRS License Active - I can check your VIN for SW updates (License no longer active)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skylais

Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently have a 2-day license for FDRS. I can enter folk's VINs into the system if you direct message me. I'll send a screenshot of what modules you have that need updating. Just figure while I've got it, I can give folks here an idea of where they are in terms of updates. Currently my new 23 expedition only has the following updates available. This is kind of disappointing considering some on here are already at a higher Sync version. Perhaps the 23 MY's have not been tested/certified yet with the latest stuff.

Also note, I can’t upload documents or images in private messages so i have to create an iCloud link for you to download from. Once you download the image I remove the file.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skylais

Reaction score
I wonder what the updates to the door module fix?
Maybe the auto up down issue?
No idea as it doesn't provide any details about the update. My doors all seem to be working fine for now so i ain't going to bother with it. Then again, it's only a few weeks old so maybe I haven't noticed the problem just yet. That said, when looking into this FDRS and SW update stuff on F150 and Mach-E forums, it appears most vehicles have at least a couple updates available, so in a sense i guess i got lucky with just door updates vs something like Powertrain.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a.jpeg
(this is for my 2023 Limited SPP)

I wonder what the updates are for?

The rear hatch has one issue (opening hatch from outside button while locked only unlatches)

What about the DDM, PDM (is this the auto up/down losing calidration?)

DSP?
GWM?

Anybody know any more?

I guess next time I need an oil change I'll get these done too?

Would Ford just do them? Or do I need to specifically ask?

OP
OP
S

Skylais

Reaction score
View attachment 78560

I wonder what the updates are for?

The rear hatch has one issue (opening hatch from outside button while locked only unlatches)

What about the DDM, PDM (is this the auto up/down losing calidration?)

DSP?
GWM?

Anybody know any more?

I guess next time I need an oil change I'll get these done too?

Would Ford just do them? Or do I need to specifically ask?
They almost definitely will not just do them, unless it's a recall or a complaint maybe. So far everyone that has messaged me has had updates which I find pretty interesting. For the heck of it, I put in the VIN of my 2019 ranger I traded in for the expedition and it had several updates. I had taken that vehicle only ever to Ford, one of the times i recall they actually did do a PCM update, which I was able to see in the vehicle history. Interestingly enough, they didn't apply any of the other updates. So the short of it is, you will have to specifically ask and even then i've read on other forums that most don't have success with the dealerships as these updates can sometimes take hours of time so the dealers don't really look to apply them.

As for door modules no idea, i have same ones and mine seem fine. This link here seems to shed some more light on DSP module is related to: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10211724-0001.pdf . GWM im not entirely sure on, but my understanding is that module talks to several other systems and is fairly important.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skylais

Reaction score
Alright, last chance for anyone out there as I won't be purchasing another license for a long time if ever. All i really want is the knob to work with the A/C and the one touch camera, but it seems like they haven't released that to any EXPY yet.

Also note, I ran about 10 4th gen expys through the system, all had at least 3 or more updates. I think mine actually had the least (3), my build date was June 13th.

It seems like most of them needed driver door, passenger door, and rear gate trunk module updates. I wonder what the update contains considering it seemed fairly popular in this sample.

hharrels

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to chime in a little here... for anyone that does have updates that are not pushing through, there was an update a couple months back that was an "inhibit update". For that specific update to go through, there's an additional scheduling you need to go into the settings and set (it's in the same area as the update settings, just the scheduling aspect where you select day(s) and time(s)). Once that update goes through, it will allow all other updates that were released after that to go through as well. The updates build on each other so you can't skip one. And don't worry, the new HMI you're waiting on should be out any day now ;)