Fender rolling/pulling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackie_Moon

Reaction score
I recently installed some 285/75/R16 tires on my stock suspension (and wheels) '99 Expy XLT, and I would like to push them out just a touch more. I'm looking into installing .5"-1" wheel spacers, but the tires won't clear the fenders if I take the vehicle off-roading and need full articulation.

Has anyone had success with a fender roller or a body shop rolling/pulling fenders on their expy? I'm considering buying a fender roller and doing it myself, but just want to ensure that they will come out the necessary .5-1", as the tire is nearly flush with the fender lip as it stands.

Thanks for your input!

Edit: my tires do not rub even with full articulation, and I would like to maintain this functionality.

Samuel Jewell

Reaction score
Personally I am absolutely 100% against wheel spacers unless there is a specific need. Looking cool alone isn't worth the extra wear and tear on ball joints, wheel bearings etc! I love that my XP clears 285's with no issues.

tvr4

Reaction score
Anyone gone to a 295x75x16 (2000 Espy XLT 2D) and experienced problem? Thinking about it. Don't want to change from stock wheels. Don't want to bugger it up. Not an off road person. Bought it in Jan 2000 and just can't give it up.