Fiberglass hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devincox

Reaction score
My uncle gave me his 236k mile 97 Expedition. I have since added a monster transmission and a new engine. When my uncle gave me the Expedition he had some parts that came with it. A mag-hytec high capacity transmission pan and a fiberglass hood. I wasn't sure about the hood but I felt obligated to install it as my uncle was eager to see how it looked installed. Although I would not have spent the money on it myself, I think it turned out ok. I still need to get it painted though.
IMG_20170701_183301.jpg

The hood accepts the OEM latch and hinges and even has the proper holes for the wind shield wipers. The fit is not perfect but pretty close. I bought some AeroCatch hood latches to make sure it stays closed. They turned out pretty good I think. They have a really nice that locks very positively in place. A nicely engineered piece.

IMG_20170701_183316.jpg

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hood looks terrible..you should send it to me..I guess I can put it on my Rednexpedition if I have to..I guess. :D

OP
OP
D

devincox

Reaction score
Thank guys. It's growing on me. I need this weather to cool down so I can get started on the body work. The heat really helped push the fiberglass into shape though. There is just one small spot where it is a little high compared to the fender.