Finally! A Wired audio connection for Ford Rear Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Naviks can solve the hardwired audio from factory RES to the SYNC system as my writeup notes. Naviks also has a module that will add a video input to the SYNC system, but this would only be helpful with an aftermarket RES that has a video output. The factory RES doesn't have a video output that I have been able to discover. The only way I know to have a motion interlock override is to update the country code in SYNC to make it think you're in Europe. The major downfall of that hack is that is disables automatic 911 functionality if airbags are deployed, so I decided against it.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Naviks makes a motion lockout for our Sync 3 Expeditions.
They also make a version that includes video input—not sure what interface (HDMI hopefully).

so I guess my biggest hurdle is getting video out from the headrest RSE monitor.
What I’d really love would be to use the DVD slot (and USB ports) in the center console to play on all three screens. But now we’re talking video OUT from the Sync 3 screen to the rear screens. That’s a whole different ball of wax.

I may be able to live with the first solution but that involves replacing the headrest monitors with something that has video out. (if that animal even exists)

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you hard-wired your rear entertainment to your dash stereo? Dang. I just make my kids use the headsets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65