Finally! LED headlights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
It’s not quite plug and play. The projectors and reflectors actually use different bulbs in the high/low spots. I believe the projectors are H9 high/9005 low; the reflectors are 9005 high/H11 low. The connectors are different, so it’s not as easy as plugging in the different lights either.
Physically, they are the same. I upgraded to HID projectors retrofitted into factory halogen projectors lights last year. They bolted right in to my XLT. View attachment 24863

If you’re willing, swapping the wiring from one connector to the other wouldn’t be difficult.

@J Ski I'm really curious to see how they compare to halogens in the projectors. When you get them, will you swap one and do an on-wall comparison of output?
Yes I will

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our Q5 has the rear fogs and they are indeed pretty bright. Since most Americans are not familiar with them, everyone thinks you have your brakes on.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then EU rear fogs would annoy the rest of us unless it was foggy. (They are very bright.) Just like everyone else in the suburbs would.

Knowing the Germans I'd probably be cited for driving with the rear fogs on when it ain't foggy. ;)

-- Chuck
I got a warning for that very thing in Germany, 1987. I had no idea what the cop was talking about. A lot of 'yessir's and a lack of language skills seemed to work. They were really miffed about it.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s not quite plug and play. The projectors and reflectors actually use different bulbs in the high/low spots. I believe the projectors are H9 high/9005 low; the reflectors are 9005 high/H11 low. The connectors are different, so it’s not as easy as plugging in the different lights either.
Physically, they are the same. I upgraded to HID projectors retrofitted into factory halogen projectors lights last year. They bolted right in to my XLT. View attachment 24863

If you’re willing, swapping the wiring from one connector to the other wouldn’t be difficult.

@J Ski I'm really curious to see how they compare to halogens in the projectors. When you get them, will you swap one and do an on-wall comparison of output?

I sure do like those black housings!
Just can’t justify dang near $700.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So are these a straight up replacement for the stock headlight bulbs on my 08? Or are they just for the newer rigs?