first real tow today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have been watching ecoboost torture test too much lol

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol i thought of that as i was yanking on that damn tree in 4low spinning all 4 tires!!!!

it was really wedged in there. after i cut the last 6' off it, she came right out! lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like you should have used the other ex... haha the V10 should have more tq to rip that out no problem. haha

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you are correct, 425 lbs of TQ is a bit better then the expy lol

yeahhhh....only thing was... i have a white knight rear lighting system on the excursion and it takes like 1/2 min to remove that from the hitch and i was like naww thats to much work lol so since i have nothing blocking the hitch on the expedition it was clearly the best truck for the job today haha!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont blame you. i love trying to see what my limitations are. pulling a 2wd chevy burried down to its frame in 4lo in the same soft sand is my limit. haha took about 1.5 hours to get him out. a jeep came and got me out when i went to my frame and took him out no problem too. haha but what you doing with those logs? its not THAT hot in AK is it?

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm removing down'd trees and cutting a few along with a bunch of brush from a family friends house. there driveways were getting over grown. i get the wood, the next few trips will be with my f-250 as i'll have to take all the brush and junk to the local wood lot.

its been a very warm summer here in south central alaska , yesterday was 75* day before was 72* we have seen alot of days hit 70 which is damn hot up here. idk, they say dry heat is not as bad..and its dry here. but 75* here feels like 90* w/humidity down south.

if you go up north it gets much hotter, Fairbanks can see 100*. i took a trip up there last summer..but last summer sucked! rain rain rain. pic from my trip last summer with my old '00 excursion
172.jpg

more pics here if you'd like to see.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/979257-got-my-new-excursion-4.html

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is that the infamous intersection ex? wasnt that the rainy summer last year? it was winter here last summer and summer last summer. weird. but yeah the heat down here sucks. when it hot at my house its DRY! SD is a desert. when its humid it sucks ass! but rarely is it humid and hot here. usually just dry. had a few friends go to the desert last week, they went at night. said it was nice. 72 and dry. nice since the sun wasnt out. haha 110+ out there. NO THANKS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire