Fitting a Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah and IMO double dins are classy IMO i think flip outs are tacky

So you guys convinced me to get a double din!!! It's really what a wanted anyway!:D
I coudn't get the pioneer AHV-3200BT it was back order. I'm also not sure about quality any more with Pioneer, herd there having car audio issue. To bad I was a pioneer guy before. Anyways.....I got the Clarion VX400 double din I switched it for the flip up ....So I'll attempt the install today. Pics when I'm done

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you guys convinced me to get a double din!!! It's really what a wanted anyway!:D
I coudn't get the pioneer AHV-3200BT it was back order. I'm also not sure about quality any more with Pioneer, herd there having car audio issue. To bad I was a pioneer guy before. Anyways.....I got the Clarion VX400 double din I switched it for the flip up ....So I'll attempt the install today. Pics when I'm done

The only issues that I have heard of are with their retractable screen on the single din applications. Have you heard of any problems with their Double Din units as well?

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i had to cut the crossbar to get the DD in, i have too much wiring behind the deck to make it sit flush with it.
if i worked hard at it, i could make it work, but i made life easy.

deck easily retracts so no problems.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only issues that I have heard of are with their retractable screen on the single din applications. Have you heard of any problems with their Double Din units as well?

I heard the issue is that pioneer is hurting for money. I was told they sold off there premier line they have limited high quality stuff left. They basically are trying to hit price points of the lower quality brands. The pioneer 3200 that I almost bought is not bad, but the clarion has better output quailty for sound. The 3200 has better screen look (graphics). I liked the look of the pioneer better but after talking to a number of people, including a pioneer rep.. I bought the clarion. Pioneer also is not as warranty friendly as Clarion. Again really if you like the Pioneer go for it ..I almost did I've always owned Pioneer ...Hopefully my research is right and I picked the right one.

kickapebble

Reaction score
I have the Pioneer you wanted to run, it is too bad it didn't fit. I have had no issue and am very pleased thus far. I picked it up for 499 USD which was the cheapest compared to comparable decks for 1500! The only issue I ran into is that the wiring kit hasn't been created, and the dash kit doesn’t match the size of the stereo itself so modifications must be done. It sucks to realize though, all the capabilities the deck has, ( XM radio, NAV, Blue tooth…) there is an equal piece of hardware you have to buy to actually get the function, with the exception of the blue tooth on this model. I am currently running the XM as well and hopefully back up camera for the wife. I would like to get the GPS but the only way it would is if I could actually "remember" spots on forest roads for hunting and gathering purposes. Otherwise, I always know where I am going.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the double din Clarion VX400 is in!! Looks real good, glad I listen to you guys.
I have to pull it back out today to run the IPOD cable, and try and make a custom mount.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65