10.1" Kenwood DMX1037s head unit installed... it fits despite what Crutchfield says!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy82

Reaction score
An FYI for anyone interested... just had a Kenwood DMX1037s installed on my '06 XLT. Crutchfield's little tool that tells you what does and does not fit your car stated emphatically that this head unit (or any of the big floating screns for that matter) DOES NOT fit in a 2nd gen Expy. Well, it definitely does. I'm going to bring up the screen some to better reveal the AC controls, but this is the way the installer did it. Regardless, the screen clears the AC vent on the left no problem. I prefer the bigger screens like this one because they have this totally awesome gimmick called a volume KNOB. It allows you to change the volume quickly and smoothly unlike the plus or minus buttons on many smaller units :p

I also installed the Wolfbox G900 4K digital rearview dash camera kit with 2.5k rearview camera - highly recommend it for big SUVs like this. I'm an attorney and former prosecutor who handled many criminal traffic cases in my time and let me tell you, never leave home without a dash camera. There will come a time when you regret it. The only thing that matters is what you can prove.

Anyway, next up is a front and rear HD camera since this unit allows for two HD camera inputs.

Attachments

• 20230813_120250.jpg
    20230813_120250.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 30