I Pioneer 2Din Stereo firmware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trjc3rd

Reaction score
I bought a Pioneer AVH-1500NEX for my 07 Expedition EL EB. I installed it myself which was pretty easy. However, I’ve run into a problem updating the firmware and I was hoping someone could help me out with it.
Let me start by saying I followed the instructions to the letter. I formatted the USB drive to FAT32, download the firmware update from Pioneer, unzipped the file and put on the USB drive. Now everything should work but it doesn’t. For some reason the stereo won’t recognize the file. I’ve tried multiple USB drives yet still run into the same problem and it’s driving me crazy.
I called Pioneer support for help and they told me I was doing everything correct. Have any others run into this problem? If you have, how did you resolve it? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
trjc3rd

trjc3rd

Reaction score
I’ve tried a different computer. I have a Mac OS and I thought that might be the problem so I went out and bought a Windows system. Still no dice. However, I haven’t tried unzipping the file with a different software application. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip. I’ll let you know if it worked.