Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did anyone ever try something, i need to get mine replaced as well. I can get some basic ones from ebay, but would love an aftermarket LED variant.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't, the headlights need the biggest help, I would start there and just throw some cheapies in until you can get the headlights done that will make the biggest difference if you are going to stick with the stock light size and location.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did anyone ever try something, i need to get mine replaced as well. I can get some basic ones from ebay, but would love an aftermarket LED variant.

The Morimotos can more then likely be retrofitted on, great price for them too. I'm currently using projector retrofitted hids inside the factory housings for my fogs. So no need for me to upgrade to leds hah. that and i'm changing my bumper soon.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
back to confirm, but the upcoming morimotos will fit the expedition housing. If you can get them to sell you a set of passenger side fogs. For some oadd reason the expedition was designed to using f150 fogs, but... they came with a special assembly that used only the passenger side f150 fogs. If you can get morimoto to sell you a passenger side set. You have a perfect fit.

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
The Retrofit Source has some good close out deals if anyone is interested. I scooped up a set of their XB LED Fogs for $70 (Type T). The type T are slanted and will not properly fit without customization. I will be using these on another car...

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
back to confirm, but the upcoming morimotos will fit the expedition housing. If you can get them to sell you a set of passenger side fogs. For some oadd reason the expedition was designed to using f150 fogs, but... they came with a special assembly that used only the passenger side f150 fogs. If you can get morimoto to sell you a passenger side set. You have a perfect fit.

What exactly did you try? They now have a set for the F150...

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What exactly did you try? They now have a set for the F150...

you need a pair of passenger side f150 fogs. You could see if retrofit source would sell you a pair.
I have the morimotos on my subaru forester, getting ready to retrofit a set of subaru morimotors into my dodge durango as well.

Out of curiosity, i bought a set of f150 OEM replacement fog assemblies to confirm fitment.

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
Do you have any pics? How different is the driver f150 fog? What is different about it? I presume the mounting plastic screws are not in the same place? Also what model year F150 fogs did you purchases?

I actually received an email from TRS today stating there is not enough market to make fogs for our Expeditions. And their Type T fogs (which I have) are marked LH/RH, and are made specific for each side, and can not be swapped. The F150's I don't believe would have that issue.