Folding mirror wire diagram ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roindhouse

Reaction score
Have an 06 limited with the power and heated mirrors and folding mirrors

The drivers mirror hasn’t folded in years , never been a problem for me .

the black plastic housing on the drivers side has been cracked for a while , and I recently snapped off the passenger mirror backing up and snagging it on a tree , so I bought a set of new aftermarket mirrors and installed them

The passenger one works fine and folds

The drivers side will adjust , but I need to get it to fold out , since the new mirrors came in the folded position .

Any idea which wire does that ?

Obviously it’s an issue in the wiring harness between the switch and the drivers mirror ,
If I knew which color wire it is , I can either jump it and fold it out and forget it , or find the bad connection and bypass it , or splice it to the passenger side fold wire .

Do all the function wires use 12 v ?

If so I can experiment on the broken one and figure it out ?

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you have someone hit the switch and probe the connector to figure out each wire and the associated voltage? I don't have that wiring diagram, sorry.

OP
OP
R

Roindhouse

Reaction score
Can you have someone hit the switch and probe the connector to figure out each wire and the associated voltage? I don't have that wiring diagram, sorry.
That’s the next step if I can’t find a diagram

Get a needle and backprobe the connector ,

It’s gotta be a bad connection or wire in the drivers door

Since the passenger side folds , the switch and the wire to the passenger side obviously function fine .

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I attached the wiring diagram to the circuit if that helps.

Attachments

• Expy Folding Mirrors.pdf
    165.6 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
R

Roindhouse

Reaction score
Took a good look tracing wires and found a broken wire .

Snapped off at the connector , clipped it out of the connector on both ends and used a spade connector to get it working again.