Ford Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10sne1

Reaction score
What is the meaning of this notice? I am shopping 2017 Expy El and see this notice. I tried to earth, but no luck? Do I keep these cars on my list or does this notice make it a No Buy?
Thanks for your help...
08/13/2020
  • Ford Motor Company
  • Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
    • Program #20L02 OWNER'S MANUAL AUTOMATIC ENGINE
    • IDLE SHUTDOWN CALLOUT INCORRECT

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Ford's voluntary program to correct an error in owner's manuals of some cars (not Expeditions) regarding programming that prevents long idling.

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Vehicle Model Year Assy Plant Build Dates
Taurus 2018-2019 Chicago May 16, 2017 through March 1, 2019
Fiesta 2018-2019 Cuautitlan August 24, 2017 through August 1, 2019
Ranger 2019-2020 Michigan June 04, 2018 through July 22, 2020

REASON FOR THIS ACTION

In some of the affected vehicles with a keyless Start/Stop ignition button and the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) feature, the Owner’s Manual may be missing certain information regarding the AEIS feature.

SERVICE ACTION

Customers will be mailed an Owner’s Manual insert with the information that may be missing. Customers are instructed to add the insert to their Owner’s Manual. For unsold vehicles, Dealers are responsible to update the Owner’s Manual before delivery. This service will be performed on affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner. The updated Owner’s Manual insert is included as attachment III.

Last edited: