Ford factory left an extra rear-left door handle cover in my vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not see any damage on both sides. It's a brand-new part. Does Ford require dealership technicians to assembly door handle covers during PDI for some reason? If true, that would be weird to me.
I wouldn't think so, but I could see a replacement potentially being needed and them doing that before delivery.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There will be a record of any work the dealer did before delivery since they will charge it back to Ford. You can ask them if you're really curious.

A friendly Ford employee help me check the VIN. There is no warranty repair history on my vehicle. And therefore, dealer didn't anything about it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not see any damage on both sides. It's a brand-new part. Does Ford require dealership technicians to assembly door handle covers during PDI for some reason? If true, that would be weird to me.
And my experience with these is that those white plastic inserts, that connect to the clips are practically one time use. they break almost every time you remove them from their position, so if that part was replaced I would expect at least one of them to be broken.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a part in a bag under a seat when we bought our first expedition. It turned out to be a part for a jetski and the tech doing the prep on the vehicle had set it down on the seat and when he later flipped up the seat it came off and ended up sliding under the front seat, he forgot about it and moved on.

Very likely someone at the dealership just accidently set the piece down and forgot about it.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very likely someone at the dealership just accidently set the piece down and forgot about it.
Some guy probably had several jobs to do on several vehicles and pulled the parts for them all. Later he was likely scratching his head wondering where that panel went.