Ford factory left an extra rear-left door handle cover in my vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this extra piece from day one. Today I had some time and search the part number jl1b-78266a21-a. It turns out to be an extra piece after I thoroughly checked my left rear door.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And this is one of the reasons we should purchase Ford ESP. Who knows what factory workers left inside your transmission or engine or somewhere else. Are all the bolts torqued correctly? Nobody knows.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance the part was replaced by the dealer before delivery and the mechanic left the old part on the seat?
This piece of part should be assembled by factory because it is an essential part of left rear door. I see no reason why dealership mechanic left this part in the vehicle. There is a mirrored piece on the right rear door too.

Last edited:

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welp. This just means that the quality assurance inspections techs at the plant are incompetent, still. That parts was in a wide open area and easily could have been seen if they actually checked before approving final build. Its too bad it was just a handle cover and not a spare Turbo left on the seat......That would have been awesome

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This piece of part should be assembled by factory because it is an essential part of left rear door. I see no reason why dealership mechanic left this part in the vehicle. There is a mirrored piece on the right rear door too.

The dealership service mechanic is paid byFord to do a pre-delivery-inspection and certify everything is correct and in place.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure that was the point that was trying to be made. Maybe the part was damaged at delivery and replaced at the dealership. Any noticeable damage on it? You only show us a picture of the rear of the part.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure that was the point that was trying to be made. Maybe the part was damaged at delivery and replaced at the dealership. Any noticeable damage on it? You only show us a picture of the rear of the part.
I do not see any damage on both sides. It's a brand-new part. Does Ford require dealership technicians to assembly door handle covers during PDI for some reason? If true, that would be weird to me.