Ford field service action number 21B10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife's 2018 Navigator goes in next week for its 5th set of cam phasers. It has 20,000 miles on it.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 that had this show up in the app and it has disappeared. I wasn’t very inclined to bring my vehicle in for this anyway. I fail to see how software would have fixed this issue to begin with, plus I didn’t want to mess around with getting a refreshed tune, assuming it was needed.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife's 2018 Navigator goes in next week for its 5th set of cam phasers. It has 20,000 miles on it.
5TH set? WTF? I'm not a litigious person but that's getting to the point at which one has to be getting pretty pissed. What that tells me is there truly is no fix for this issue. Secondarily, to be cracking open the engine that many times, something is going to go major wrong, something will break, leak, something. Is it time for a completely new engine at this point? I'm upset for you @Deadman.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A TSB is to quiet the complaints without great costs to manufacturers. That is because a TSB has limited life span and repair costs return to buyers, eventually some people with the problem will get screwed for lack of businesses fixing a known problem.

A Recall is forever and the problem, and costs are the manufacturers responsibility, never goes away. To think Ford, or any manufacturer is doing customers a favor is only wishful thinking. They all use legal speak for protections.

It seems mechanical problems are determined to be electrical, or the reverse, to confuse the problem and manufacturers get of on a technicality and customers are forced to eat poop with their own money. Welcome to personal responsibility.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow!

Have you considered your state’s lemon law process?
Not sure about WI, but in my state, all of the issues have to happen in the first year of ownership for it to qualify. Kind of sucky when you consider sometimes with backorders it can take 2 months to get parts, 1yr isn't very long. And then what, they buy back the car at what they say is fair market based on it's MSRP, but with a lack of supply, prices are pretty high right now, and of course you get no credit for anything you've done to the vehicle. Nice to have a newer car, but it's a decent loss too.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure about WI, but in my state, all of the issues have to happen in the first year of ownership for it to qualify. Kind of sucky when you consider sometimes with backorders it can take 2 months to get parts, 1yr isn't very long. And then what, they buy back the car at what they say is fair market based on it's MSRP, but with a lack of supply, prices are pretty high right now, and of course you get no credit for anything you've done to the vehicle. Nice to have a newer car, but it's a decent loss too.

I leave vehicles at dealerships until repairs are completed for warranty work. The Lemon Law in SC considered how much time I used the vehicle. The number of times I went to dealer, the time needed for repairs counted. I do not let them force a unsatisfactory vehicle on me to kill warranty time. The Lemon Law hard part is to get all your money back. They want to make it so expensive you will keep "the Lemon" instead of returning it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger