Ford field service action number 21B10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't do a death tune like Doge did back in their 5.9L gas days. They did a re-flash on all the pcm's to reduce pinging from bad gas and when they did it, the refresh took it from like 240HP down below 200HP. It was an unbelievable power loss from that and it was perminant you could not go back. I sold the truck, it was absolutely gutless.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't do a death tune like Doge did back in their 5.9L gas days. They did a re-flash on all the pcm's to reduce pinging from bad gas and when they did it, the refresh took it from like 240HP down below 200HP. It was an unbelievable power loss from that and it was perminant you could not go back. I sold the truck, it was absolutely gutless.

Haha, I didn't know that they have a habit of doing this. Ram did the same thing couple of years ago with their small diesel engine to bring emissions down! The trucks became gutless after the update.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine went in for the phaser replacement a few weeks back,they also updated the pcm. My strategy code did not change and the tune went back on without issue. If the code does change 5star will charge to update the tune.

I have a tune as well from 5 Star and I e-mailed them. They advised that the stock tune be put back in and let them know if the strategy code changed. They said no charge for an update if it is needed.

Dmowry

Reaction score
Had the message show upp on my Fordpass app and the next day dissapeared. Called in to dealership to schedule appt and was told that Ford made a mistake and sent out a mass notification and that it doesn't apply to my 2018 Limited.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
I had my cam phasers replaced early last year and have been great so far after ~20k miles (knock on wood). I do have the wastegate rattle, but I can live with that as long as the cam phaser rattle doesn't return... That noise was awful. I'm sure my neighbors loved it when my expy started at 6 AM, lol.

Never got a message about a TSB. I have a 2018 limited.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the message show upp on my Fordpass app and the next day dissapeared. Called in to dealership to schedule appt and was told that Ford made a mistake and sent out a mass notification and that it doesn't apply to my 2018 Limited.
Ha! Mine is now gone too! How weird.

Hectorsvt

Reaction score
I took mine in for the "rattling" noise about 5 months ago and the diagnostic was a bad catalytic converter? And I could still hear a little bit of rattling on start up ‍♂️

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't seen a notice for my 2018 Limited. Maybe it doesn't apply to our trucks.